We are in the tundra I think. I actually live in Pennsylvania but this winter has been brutally cold, more so than anything I can remember. I’m so ready for spring. So we’ve been spending a lot of time staying warm inside thanks in part to this Cinnamon Hot Chocolate Recipe.
It’s so yummy with a unique cinnamon flavor and the kids absolutely loved it!
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of milk (I used 1% but whole will make it creamier)
- ½ cup of cinnamon chips (like chocolate chips, but cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ c. cocoa
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Put cinnamon sticks and water into a pan on the stove and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk and cinnamon chips, stirring constantly until melted.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients, one at a time until incorporated: vanilla, cocoa, and sugars.
- Heat while stirring for about 3-5 more minutes.
- Pour the cocoa through a strainer before serving. This will remove the cinnamon sticks and any little pieces that may have broken off. I poured mine through a strainer into a big glass measuring bowl. I love this bowl because of the spout that makes it so easy to pour into mugs! But any other pan or pitcher would work, too.
- Pour into mugs and jazz it up with some whipped cream and sifted cinnamon and a cinnamon stick for garnish. Makes four 8oz. servings.
Go Here Next: